Many thanks
That is PERFECT for our purpose.

John Novack

Michael Keuter wrote:
But here goes:
I have Astlinux ( Geni586 ) successfully running on a few HP T55xx and 57xx thin clients. There is a need to connect through the mostly unused serial port to a ( Cisco ) router. Is there any sort of comm facility in the standard distribution that would allow one through ssh to access the serial port? It appears that microcom, a busybox tool, isn't rolled into the standard distribution, I assume to save space.
Any other choice?

John Novack

What about "screen"
In included in Astlinux. On my Mac I use "screen /dev/tty.usbserial 19200" to access serial devices. Try "screen -?" for options.

Michael

--
Email: mailto:mkeu...@web.de

--