From: Tom Chadwin [mailto:nnpait.servi...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 7:45 AM
To: AstLinux Users Mailing List
Subject: [Astlinux-users] Low-level wipe of CF card

Apologies to all for this somewhat OT question. I have a CF card which
has had the net5501 image of 0.6.7 on it. I want to start again with
the geni586 image. I am having hell's own job wiping the card
completely, in Windows. No matter what I do to try to wipe it, when I
then use physdiskwrite to put the geni586 image on the CF card, all
looks well to begin with, but when I run http://pbx/admin/setup.php,
and it reboots, the admin account password is no longer the default,
but is what I set it to in the previous installation, and the hostname
reverts to what I set it to previously..

Evidently, my understanding of disks, partitions, volumes, etc, is
completely off-key. How, using Windows, do I wipe the whole card so
that I can start from scratch?

Thanks

Tom