OK, I found that I had some IPSec configuration left over from when I was
testing that feature. Disabling IPSec via the GUI (and, in the case of one
of the boxes, sorting out the order of the NICs as per a previous message)
then seems to have removed the error. A GUI firewall save and then restart
now gives no errors or warnings.

Thanks yet again for the help. I've got one remaining box down after the
upgrade, but it's 50 miles away, so it will have to wait till next week.
I'll report back if there is anything relevant with that installation as far
as upgrading goes.

Tom