Would it not be easier to set up a IPSec tunnel between two routers?
And then link the two boxes together.

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Chadwin [mailto:nnpait.servi...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 9:19 AM
To: 'AstLinux Users Mailing List'
Subject: [Astlinux-users] OpenVPN config

Hello all

Would it be too much to ask for someone to give the full steps, from start
to finish, to set up a VPN between two Astlinux boxes? I'd prefer OpenVPN.
I need to know what to do (with no shorthand) on both server and client
ends.
While I have some knowledge of VPN (IPSEC, L2TP, and OpenVPN), it's very
amateur, and gleaned from GUI front ends to systems.

I've had a go at starting to config the server end with no prior
knowledge, and have bricked a remote box in the process. Hence this
request.

Thanks

Tom