> Are you trying to just create an encrypted tunnel between the two Astlinux
boxes for inter-server communication, or are you trying to route traffic
across it as well? Are there certain networks you do/don't want to route
traffic across?

Connect two (well, four) subnets. We have a head office and three satellite
offices, so this solution would allow clients at the remote sites to access
central services and allow the central site to back up to the remote sites.

> I have set this up in the past, and it is fairly simple and
straightforward. It's actually easier in some ways to do it manually (ie:
not through the GUI). It's been a while since I did it though, so I don't
remember the precise "step-by-step" instructions.

This is what I need - step-by-step.

> I thought there was a How-To guide on the docs.astlinux.com site, but I
couldn't find it when I just briefly looked.

Ditto. I've found an old thread on this list, but it is far from an idiot's
guide. Given my performance so far, an idiot's guide is plainly what I need.

> How did you brick the server? That shouldn't have happened.

I wish I knew. At the server end, I created cert/key and saved some initial
(largely default) settings. Hit save, and the box disappeared. I will have
to hook up a serial cable on Monday when I am back in the office.

Tom

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Tom Chadwin
<nnpait.servi...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hello all

Would it be too much to ask for someone to give the full steps, from start
to finish, to set up a VPN between two Astlinux boxes? I'd prefer OpenVPN. I
need to know what to do (with no shorthand) on both server and client ends.
While I have some knowledge of VPN (IPSEC, L2TP, and OpenVPN), it's very
amateur, and gleaned from GUI front ends to systems.

I've had a go at starting to config the server end with no prior knowledge,
and have bricked a remote box in the process. Hence this request.

Thanks

Tom