Hi James and Tom,

First, I can't say I ever disagreed with James, but I guess there is always a
first time. :-)

I'd use UDP as the transport Protocol, not TCP.  TCP over TCP can lead to
jitter problems.  So unless there is some upstream restrictions, I'd suggest
using Protocol: UDP

No need to define...
--
persist-key
persist-tun

I'm not sure about setting link-mtu 1560, I'd leave that out.

Tom, if your goal is to connect box A, B, C ... local subnets with each other's
subnets, and each box has a static IP address, I'd suggest using "IPsec Peers"
VPN type using a strong Preshared Key.  Use the web interface, use your
*existing* local subnets and define the associations via the public IP address
of the boxes.  Each tunnel/association on one box is the mirror of the
tunnel/association on the other box.  If you have 4 boxes, you would define 3
tunnel/associations on each box.  The routes will be automatically created. Use
the default options as a start, keep them all the same for all the boxes.  Of
course try to just get two talking at first.  Use a Local-Host of either
0.0.0.0 or it's external IP address.

My 2 cents.

Lonnie