Hi group

I am looking at setting up a backup 4G/LTE connection for a customer (and
provide it as a product offering) and just wondering the best way to provide it
in Astlinux.
The 4G router can support bridge mode so ideally I would like to have dual
PPPoE connections but I don’t think this is easily done in Astlinux? I am happy
(and would prefer) to manually switch the routing over to a backup connection.

Currently Astlinux’s EXT2IF requires a static address which would mean double
NAT for me (I assume) as I would need to route rather than bridge on both
firewall external interfaces. Should this be a problem? Could I disable NAT but
do IP Tables on Astlinux and do NAT on a router? If I have a good enough router
(who can you trust?), I could just turn off the Astlinux firewall and make it a
telephony server and router only?

I was thinking that worst case, I could put the 4G router on the DMZ or
internal network and just change the default route on Astlinux to point to it
on failover.

Any ideas?

Regards
Michael Knill