Hi Michael,

This question probably belongs on the -devel list, but here goes...

To directly answer your question, you could edit "/etc/php.ini" and restart
'lighttpd' to apply the change.  Though this is not what I would do.

You could "ignore display errors" selectively by using the '@' error control
operator, ex.
--
$err = @foo();
--

-- Turn off all error reporting at runtime --
error_reporting(0);

The last two are runtime overrides to the "/etc/php.ini" defaults, which is the
better route to go.

Lonnie