Ryan,

Sorry, currently alias IP's are only for external interfaces.

It looks like that would be fairly easy to add since we have a
alias_interface() function in the network init.d/ .

But, can you explain why you need, or find this useful.  It is clear for the
external interface, but not so much for a LAN interface.

I'm thinking of the firewall, and I know iptables does not allow matching on
aliased interfaces like eth1:1, though all is well as long as all eth1 IP's are
treated the same.

Alternatively VLAN's like eth1.1 are handled as a separate interface.

Please help us understand why you want to use aliased interfaces for LAN's /
DMZ.

Lonnie