Hi Dan,

# ls -l /lib/modules/3.16.47-astlinux/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/
total 292
-rw-rw-r--    1 root     root         90248 Sep 23 15:14 bnx2.ko
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        201184 Sep 23 15:14 tg3.ko

# modinfo bnx2 | grep '^description'

So add "bnx2" to your /etc/rc.modules and give that a try.

Though getting an Intel PCIe NIC card is not a bad idea :-)

Lonnie