I'm still curious as to why astdb needs to be on ramdisk.  I also read from
astdb several times for every incoming call, but I don't write to it.  And
Linux does a lot of filesystem cacheing... essentially the linux kernel
uses every available byte of ram to cache data and programs so that you are
not reading from physical disk (or ssd) every time you read from a file.
So until you perform a db write I am assuming that the vast majority of my
astdb reads are optimized by the linux filesystem and come from ram not ssd.

Right? Wrong?

David