From: Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com>
Date: Monday, 11 September 2017 at 11:16 pm
To: AstLinux List <astlinux-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Astlinux-users] OpenVPN on Yealink phones not very reliable

Michael,

If you have OpenVPN Server -> Client Certificates and Keys: -> Client Name with
one or more "disabled" checked, you will have to Restart OpenVPN Server
whenever you add a new Client.

This is not a OpenVPN requirement per se. but rather the configuration for
openvpn.

To explain more ... if there are no "disabled" clients then the rc.conf
variable OVPN_VALIDCLIENTS is not defined, the openvpn configuration does not
include a tls-verify option.

On the other had, if there are "disabled" clients then the rc.conf variable
OVPN_VALIDCLIENTS is defined, the configuration includes a "tls-verify
/usr/sbin/openvpn-tls-verify" option.  As such only client CN's in
OVPN_VALIDCLIENTS are allowed.  If you add a new Client you need to Restart
OpenVPN Server to update the config, that goes for most any change in OpenVPN
Server.

Lonnie