Hi Michael,

Yes, ACME (Let's Encrypt) Certificates is the solution.

You need a DNS provider supported by acme-cleint (acme.sh) that is able to
prove DNS record ownership.

There are two ways to go here:

1)  Create an account with a supported DNS service using the services's domain,
such as https://www.duckdns.org/ , this is no cost for up to 5 DNS records but
they must be of the form <unique>.duckdns.org though a lot of the common ones
have been taken.  Your username and assigned token is used to validate
ownership of your DNS record.  Donate something and you will receive 10 DNS
records.  DuckDNS is only one such example.

2) Register your own domain (yearly cost) then create an account with a
supported DNS service using your domain, Cloudflare's free account supports
this.  This is what I personally do.
After you have a domain registered you need to set it's nameservers to point to
Cloudflare's as instructed.

> I currently have a domain that I use to access all my systems
> (ibcaccess.net). Can I use this?

For security reasons, I would use a separate domain and account for my ACME
(Let's Encrypt) Certificates, that way if your DNS API credentials got loose
your core DNS infrastructure on a different account won't get compromised.

> Would the customer need to access the Astlinux GUI using this domain?

Yes, if you generated an ACME (Let's Encrypt) Certificate for host
pbx4.example.org the user's DNS must resolve pbx4.example.org to the service in
question.  Though if all the users are behind AstLinux you can define
pbx4.example.org in { Configure DNS Hosts } -> "DNS Forwarder Hosts:" to the
local server.  In general there does not need to be a public A record for
pbx4.example.org if all the users are local.

To be clear, the example.org DNS (domain for pbx4) must be publicly available
for acme-cleint (acme.sh) to issue a valid certificate.

Hope that helps.

Lonnie