I was searching the net on stuff about 23** chips and i found the
following post...
http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r19399723-Merakiisnt-that-special

That shows a full dump of the information found in eeprom (i guess
that tool is part of athero's suite, well we can always make ath_info
do the same ;-) ). After i found this post i tried to find similar
dumps from other chipsets and i got this one...

http://www.oswave.com/mediawiki/index.php/Eeprom_output

So here's what we got:

a) We need to get per channel calibration and power information from
eeprom so we can be a step closer on fixing tx power support (at least
now we know what the values should look like so it won't be that
difficult, we also have the offsets etc, we just got to fill the
missing bits in eeprom_init).

b) We need to find out how these values are used (what we know so far
is that they are used to modify RF Buffer -that's something totally
obscure for now, we know nothing about rf buffer, what we have is from
regdumps-). Here are some infos that might help (after searching on
the net):

XLNA = eXternal Low Noise Amplifier
XPA = eXternal Pre Amplifier
OB = Octave Band
X Gain = Cross Gain (?)
XPD = Cross Polarization Discrimination
PGA = Programmable Gain Amplifier

Also i found a nice patent from Atheros about 5111/2111 here ->
http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?wo=2003092997&IA=WO2003092997&DISPLAY=DESC

I haven't read it all but seems informative ;-)

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)