Hi,

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008 7:50 AM, Bruno Randolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > +                * always extend the mac timestamp, since this information
> > is
> > +                * also needed for proper IBSS merging.
> > +                *
> > +                * XXX: it might be too late to do it here, since rs_tstamp
> > is
> > +                * 15bit only. that means TSF extension has to be done
> > within
> > +                * 32.768usec = 32ms. it might be necessary to move this to
> > the
> > +                * interrupt handler, like it is done in madwifi.
> > +                */
>
> I'm trying to understand this a bit more and am confused. The TSF
> timer is based on 1MHz clock so it has a resolution of 1 microsecond
> (us). For 15 bits that would mean 32768 us so don't you mean it should
> be done within 32.768 ms instead of usec (or us)?

Hi,
 it is a typo.

You are correct. It should be done within 32.768 ms. On a high end laptop,
it is almost guaranteed that the bottom half will process the packet
within 32 ms. However, on an embedded box (low spec cpu) that has a
temporarily high load, 32 ms is a short time, and the timestamp may have
wrapped around. this is unfortunate.

Derek.
--
Derek Smithies Ph.D.