Hello,

I try often the latest driver of ath5k to replace madwifi, but i have
always the same problem.

I compile compat-wireless with checkinstall on debian. Before installing
package, I'm sure that madwifi is deleted and the modules are unloaded.

I load ath5k module and restart my connection: the connection is
excellent: Bit Rate is always at 54 Mb/s and link quality > 50%
I do many test on http://mire.ipadsl.net/ and the result is very good!

To be sure that the driver is good i reboot (not shutdown!) my computer,
the result is the same: Excellent.

But when i shutdown and starting my computer the bit rate is at 1Mb/s
and the network is useless !!!

I had a PCI netgear WPN311

result of lspci -v:
Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212/AR5213
Multiprotocol MAC/baseband processor (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Netgear Device 5e00

linux 2.6.26-1-amd64 on debian
checkinstall 1.6.1-8
wpasupplicant 0.6.4-2