Paula K wrote:

>> I'm seeing the same thing.  For most of my needs this is fast enough,
>> but higher speeds would be useful :).
>>
>> Jaco
>>

> Ath5k is much slower then madwifi.  Best speed I could get with iwconfig was
> 24Mb, Higher speeds did not respond.  Same location, same computer, same AP
> with
> madwifi I get the full 54Mb with no drops.  This will be a blocker for eeepc
> users and distros with the 2.6.27 kernels....

Or for those of us that madwifi (or ndiswrapper for that matter) doesn't
work for.  At this point in time this is the only problem that I'm
personally experiencing with ath5k though, and there is work in progress
to get this resolved as far as I know.

I only care about being a station though, and the AP modes doesn't worry
me personally.  In this way I'm just a normal wireless user :).  As long
as I can connect to my wireless LAN, I'm a happy camper.

Jaco