I'm running the 20080925 snapshot of compat-wireless-old, and I'm
seeing disconnects during large file transfers with the AR2425.  I say
"disconnects" because I'm set up promiscuously in IBSS mode, so it
isn't just a simple disassociation.  When it dies, I see this in
dmesg:

ath0: failed to set freq to 2462 MHz for scan

ifconfig down/up brings it back.  I see no such failure with the
AR5414, just the AR2425.  If I don't provoke it with a large (>10MB)
file transfer, it will stay alive for hours (I haven't yet seen it
fail outside of a large file transfer).

Is that sort of the state of things with the AR2425?  The thread here
seems to indicate that a similar bug was basically fixed for everyone:
http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-ath5k-devel/2008/7/17/2542624