Alan Jenkins wrote:
> I downloaded Nicks snapshot
>
> <http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/mickflemm/compat-wireless-2008-07-03-ath5k.tar.bz2>
>
> and successfully compiled against v2.6.26.  And it works!  It's looking
> up for my EeePC.

It panics if I unload it though.  "Fatal exception in interrupt".

The OOPS doesn't fit on my 640x480 screen and I have no idea how to
capture it.

qdisk_destroy+0x51/0x75 (top line visible)
dev_shutdown
rollback_registered
unregister_netdevice
ieee80211_unregister_hw
ath5k_pci_remove
pci_device_remove
pci_unregister_driver
exit_ath5k_pci
sys_delete_module

EIP:  tcf_destroy_chain+0x10/0x18

I guess the same thing should happen on shutdown.  I tested explicit
module removal first because my laptop uses PCIE hotplug as a
kill-switch.   (Ejection is triggered by an "eeepc-laptop" platform
driver, and is necssary to turn off  the eye-searing-blue wireless LED).

Alan