On Thu, 2009-03-12 at 14:15 +0300, Owl wrote:
> Hi, people! ;)
> I can be an active beta-tester for ath5k in AP mode, because i really need
> this functionality on my HomeServer %)

I too will be happy to play with AP code.

But in my opinion IBSS is actually much better, since it is like AP, but
all computers can also talk to each other directly, thus doubling
communication speeds.

The disadvantage of ibss is that most routers don't support it, and NM
has many bugs regarding to IBSS WPA (currently nether of my wireless
cards broadcast beacons (or probe requests that is) which say that net
is WPA protected, thus NM tries to connect to is as if it was WEP)

Best regards,
        Maxim Levitsky