2009/10/6 Aditya <aybh...@cmu.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> In my project, I need to be able to change the channel width of Atheros
> chips to 5/10/40MHz in the 2.4/5GHz bands. I have gone through the
> source code of ath5k and there appear to be places where a "TODO
> Half/Quarter width" is written.
> Can someone please help me on the changes that need to be made in order
> to get this to work? If I use SAMs HAL, what is the API/function call
> that I need to make in order to change channel width?
>
> I understand it is to do with setting the PLL clock frequency which can
> be done in reset.c under ath5k_hw_nic_wakeup() by setting
>
> clock |= AR5K_PHY_PLL_20MHZ; instead of clock |= AR5K_PHY_PLL_44MHZ
> and
> clock |= AR5K_PHY_PLL_20MHZ; instead of clock |= AR5K_PHY_PLL_40MHZ;
>
> but is this the only change to be done? As of now, I dont really need a
> clean API to get this to work, I just need to run some simple
> experiments with channel widths for my project.
>
> Thanks for your help
> regards,
> Aditya Bhave

You also need to tweak some more clock settings and modify a few more
rf bus settings (search for TODOs inside ath5k source that mention
5/10Mhz channel support and cross refference with Sam's HAL and Legacy
HAL). We had a report about 5MHz channels working with just the
settings you mentioned but haven't tested it much. Until we have a
clean way to set this through cfg80211/nl80211 (which is an ongoing
discussion) we wont support 5/10Mhz operation but you can try and let
us know.

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)