2009/10/7 Marcel <marcelcastr...@gmail.com>:
> Hello Nick,
>        If I understood correct you have this "hack" for 5MHz channel. And
> it seems to be the same method used by Aditya. Is that true?
>        Is it possible to get this patch ? I would like to experiment
> 5/10MHz channels and maybe starting with your patch should be easier to
> understand what needs to be done.
>        Regards
> Marcel

Well there is the "hackish" way to make the card operate @ 10/5MHz
channel width and the proper way. The hackish way is to just tweak
pll/clock parameters on nic_wakeup (not as Aditya says, check out
reg.h and you'll find the flags there
AR5K_PHY_PLL_HALF_RATE/QUARTER_RATE, also check out this report
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.wireless.general/15321/focus=15397),
the proper way is to handle the clock change on all parts of the
driver (sleep control, various phy functions, rf buffer control etc
-this is why i have these TODOs about half/quarter rate channels, if
you cross-reference with Sam's HAL and Atheros's HAL you'll get your
answers).

I don't have much time to implement and test this on the lab (with
spectrum analyzers etc) but as i told you before setting parameters on
hw is not the hard part, once the API is ready we'll officially (and
properly) support this feature on ath5k.

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)