On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Denys Fedoryschenko <de...@visp.net.lb> wrote:
> I have laptop with ath5k card, and just tried to run it with ath5k driver.
> I notice strange thing:
>
> lappi ~ # iw phy phy0 info
> Wiphy phy0
>        Band 1:
>                Frequencies:
>                        * 2412 MHz [1] (20.0 dBm)
>                        * 2417 MHz [2] (20.0 dBm)
>                        * 2422 MHz [3] (20.0 dBm)
>
> I guess it is too high. I am not sure it is actual value, but if it is right
> and actual value, then i am exceeding local regulations.

That value is the maximum value allowed, not your actual eirp. By
default the EEPROM's card is read and that is used for regulatory
purposes, users can however be good citizens and help regulatory
compliance further by indicating their country and if the max eirp of
the programmed EEPROM is higher than your current country it will be
lowered.

Please have a good read at:

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory
http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ath

> Another thing, is it possible to change antenna output?

You obviously can change the antenna on a lot of devices, sometimes
that is difficult due to the connectors used but you are likely to
find them online somewhere.

  Luis