Jouni Malinen a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 09:39:25PM +0100, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
>
>> I don't have an ath5k based card at hand. I will try to grab one and
>> will give an example of said frame. Basically, I followed the same
>> strategy for ath9k already.
>>

> Are you saying that this patch has not actually been tested at all on
> ath5k and it was just based on the changes you did for ath9k? If that is
> the case, I would suggest running the tests before actually applying
> this. We should really not depend on undocumented hardware behavior to
> remain the same between different revisions. That's why I did not like
> the changes in ath9k and would not exactly like extending that to even
> more different chips taken into account that none of this is needed for
> normal use of the card.

No. It has been tested the same way I tested ath9k, ie using 2 cards in
monitor mode and reading/writing 802.11 frame and checking that they are
the same on the other side. I just need to swap my ath9k based card
(AR9280) with an ath5k based card (AR5212) in my laptop and redo the
test. I will do so in a couple of days.

Regards,
Benoit