Hi,

Am 03.03.2010 08:16, schrieb Xingang Zhang:
> Hello,
>
> May I ask how you configure "ibss" mode for your mesh? I am working on
> a project for mesh with ath5k driver as well. Our testbed used to use
> madwifi driver with ad-hoc mode. I tried to use ath5k in "Ad-Hoc" mode
> as well for a few test nodes. However, they seem to talk only to
> adjacent node (1 hop) for now. I am wondering what's happening with
> the routing. Or, something else I omit here? FYI, I used OLSR for
> routing.

That can be a lot of things, some possible pitfalls:

1.) Antenna diversity
Do you have all antenna outputs of your wireless nic connected to
an antenna? In our case ath5k would randomly choose the output antenna for
broadcast
(e.g. OLSR) traffic, but only one antenna is connected.
Thereby OLSR was losing too much packets and links did not pass the
link quality threshold. In our case we had to change antenna config to
"AR5K_ANTMODE_FIXED_B" in ath5k_config of
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/base.c

2.) IBBS / BSSID merging:
We had to configure a fixed bssid, because IBBS merging fails more
often than not for us. e.g:

iw dev wlan0 ibss leave
iw dev wlan0 ibss join "umic-mesh" 2412 E2:33:32:31:90:B3

> Best,
>
> Ethan

[snip full quote]

Best regards,