On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:48:52AM +0000, daldoul yousri wrote:
> Hello,

Hi, please send such queries to ath5k-devel [cc added] as well,
so other people can benefit from the answers.

> I'm traying to use ath5k with all
> channels supported by the hardware : 26 channels. So I downloaded and
> compiled the compat-wireless, then I loaded the ath5k module with
> all_channels=1, after that I executed :
> #ifconfig wlan0 down
> #iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor channel 16
>           Error for wireless request : Set Frequency (8B04).
>                   SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument
> #ifconfig wlan0 up

Hmm, I suspect a problem with your regulatory domain.

I would suggest using 'iw phy phy0 info' to see which channels are
disabled -- but unfortunately this overflows the netlink packets
when you have all the channels enabled so you'll get an error with
'iw phy phy0 info' and all_channels=1.  You can eliminate some of
the 5 GHz channels from the channel list in ath5k to work around
the error.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com