Hello,
I 'm using ath5k witha a TP-LINK PCI card. What I need is to sample some
Atheros registers and particularly AR_SLOT_TIME = 0x8010 for my school
project. First, I tried to read it whithin if_ath.c and printk the result,
but I get always 0. Then I tried ath_info. Same thing there!
I saw a thread about a similar problem
athttp://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-ath5k-devel/2010/4/20/6884576/thread.
Mr Roskin said that the right way to access hardware is from the kernel
code. And Mr Papillault suggested another way using a debugfs file called
&quot. I couldn' t understand how to use any of them. Please could anyone
(perhaps the aforementioned gentlemen) give some more details or perhaps a
walk-through to solve my problem?
P.S I need the value of this register to estimate the load on a network
based on Backoff window's value. In AR5210 there's a register called
AR_BACKOFF_CW wich - I guess - keeps this info, but not in ar5212 chipsets!
Instead there is the SLOT_TIME register which I assume does the same job!
Please tell me If I 'm wrong or any other way to get the Backoff window's
value.
Thank you!