I've been reading for a while now but never posted to this group... I have a
large number of nodes and lot's of different atheros cards. The whole
regulatory stuff is making me crazy... for g. sake this is linux, if I want
to use channels that I'm not supposed to do then freaking let me... you're
selling gun that can fire in some areas and even then it might not..... `iw
list` says one, `iw reg` get says another and `iwlist <> freq` something
completely different.. I seems it depends a lot of three things .. kernel -
udev - crda ... that country 98 got me crazy on one system, had to spend a
day on roof figuring it out then I flashed eeprom and loaded madwifi...
Which packages should be upgraded to get iw reg set working correctly?? on
one system it doesn't even send nothing to 'dmesg'.. and if you miss country
iso - then you cannot do nothing without unloading ath5k ... (or other) ..

I know this isn't entirely ath5k fault .. it's lots of other stuff, but I've
seen patches that allow use of all channels..... I have laboratory @ home
and I won't to test some cards and I CANT.

I'm shitty coder, but if I knew to write I would do release like
ath5k-really-really-free.com

(don't take me too serious, I'm just mad 4 compiling kernel third time @
300mhz @ CF slow flash card ..... ;P)