On Friday 28 May 2010 14:49:12 Robert Brown wrote:
> I wasn't able to match up instances   of data corruption with the repeated
> packets I was printing or with the device resets.
>
> Since the corruption doesn't seem to occur when ath5k_tasklet_rx sends the
> same data twice, something more interesting is happening.

great :)

for me the major suspects are the jumbo frames... or reset...

could you add something like this to see if the jumbo frames match your
repeated packets?

also, this would add a dev_kfree_skb(skb); to make sure we get a fresh skb
every time...

drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/base.c (this is not a valid patch)

                if (unlikely(rs.rs_more)) {
                        sc->stats.rxerr_jumbo++;
+                       ATH5K_ERR(sc, "unsupported jumbo size %d\n",
rs.rs_datalen);
+                       pci_dma_sync_single_for_cpu(sc->pdev, bf->skbaddr,
+                                           rs.rs_datalen,
PCI_DMA_FROMDEVICE);
+                       pci_unmap_single(sc->pdev, bf->skbaddr, common-
>rx_bufsize,
+                                       PCI_DMA_FROMDEVICE);
+                       skb_put(skb, rs.rs_datalen);
+                       ath5k_remove_padding(skb);
+                       print_hex_dump_bytes("JUMBO:", DUMP_PREFIX_OFFSET,
skb->data,
+                                               skb->len);
+                       dev_kfree_skb(skb);
                        goto next;