On Thursday 03 June 2010 19:33:45 Ray wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> My question is how can I make use of the ATH5K registers to obtain clock
> values of the wireless interface? I looked at some of the registers that I
> suspect will give me the clock value i.e. AR5K_PHY_TIMING, AR5K_PLL_44MHZ,
> AR5K_EEPROM_CFG_CLK_RATE but as I was tracing the codes, I decided to try
> checking it with everyone on this list before I proceed further. I would
> like to know if anyone has experience doing similar thing and also if
> anyone know whats the finest clock resolution given by these registers (is
> it in usec or nsec range?).

you can read the TSF. it is in usecs. it is a 64 bit value and the upper 32
bits are found in the register AR5K_TSF_U32 and the lower in AR5K_TSF_L32.

there is a function to get the 64bit TSF, which takes care of combining the
values from both registers:

u64 ath5k_hw_get_tsf64(struct ath5k_hw *ah);

bruno