2010/6/5 Benoit Papillault <benoit.papilla...@free.fr>:

> My feeling is that both RXDP & TXDP registers are not properly
> initialized after a reset causing duplicate in both directions. So I
> believe you should see duplicate on the TX side as well.

We "read-and-clear" RXDP on hw_nic_reset (actually we do that for any
pending register writes -we need to ensure that all pending register
writes are complete by doing a DMA register read, docs suggest RXDP
and that's what we are doing on nic_reset, we need to change that
comment-) and restore it on ath5k_reset but RXDP/TXDP pointers
according to docs should stay unaffected by warm resets and RXDP is
not reported as read and clear (it shouldn't be because we read it on
rx_tasklet and we still have rx) so we don't need to re-initialize
them (eg. we should remove hw_set_rxdp from ath5k_rx_start when called
by ath5k_reset) . On the other hand MadWiFi/ath reinitialize rxdp and
i remember that some binary driver i checked (Mikrotik or ubnt) also
saves and restores TXDP pointers on hw_reset. So i don't know who is
wright, docs or other drivers...

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)