I have a couple of Ubiquity XR9's. They use an AR5413 (168c:001b, ss 3009:0777) and downconvert to the 900MHz ISM band. The default channel width is 20MHz and confirmed by my spec analyzer. I'd like to use them at 10MHz and 5MHz.

My searching turned up very little. Ubiquity released an unsupported hack to madwifi that compiles against an old kernel, but the channel width changes take place in their binary HAL. There also appears to be support in the madwifi driver (proprietary HAL version 3314) by setting /proc/sys/dev/wifi0/channelbw, but it doesn't seem to work. The call to the HAL routine to change the width returns an error. Further, that support// disappeared in the open HAL version. Nowhere was there any information on what values go in which regs.

I see that there are some TO DO comments in the ath5k code for half/quarter channels. Is this being worked on?

If not and somebody on the list has the needed info and would be willing to suffer some dumb questions, I'll try to add it.

Steve