Greetings ath5k hackers!

I'm just starting to get into working with ath5k and the whole
mac80211/nl80211 framework as I'm trying to get an 802.11s
implementation working on an embedded Linux platform that I have. The
platform that I have is based on top of an Atheros AR2315 "WiSOC" (a
MIPS core, wireless MAC/PHY, some RF components) that is not all that
dissimilar from the AR5006AP reference design for the chip, but
unfortunately I'm finding that the current ath5k tree doesn't seem to
support this chip as 802.11 hardware. A recent MadWifi tree seems to
support the hardware just fine.

Has anyone experimented with this device? Searching has revealed a
thread on this list from about a year ago about the same thing. Felix
Fietkau mentioned starting to test getting ath5k working with this
hardware, but I'm not sure what may have come of that.

If there's no working support at the moment, I'm interested in putting
in some work to get it supported, and am wondering if anyone else
might be interested in collaborating on this.

Cheers,
jof