On 2010-10-19 12:39 AM, Jonathan Lassoff wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM, Felix Fietkau <n...@openwrt.org> wrote:
>> I did some work on WiSoC support a long time ago. Ported over large
>> parts, but did not have the time to finish my work.
>> Here are my patches: http://nbd.name/ath5k-patches.tar.gz
>> They won't apply anymore, but might be useful as a reference.
>
> Thanks for sharing Felix!
> It's definitely useful to see what others have done in the past. No
> need to re-invent the wheel and all.
>
> Do you know which version or git revision of wireless-2.6 or madwifi
> these were based off of? The content of the patches will be more
> useful with some context as to where things are being added.
I don't know which version of ath5k it's based on, it's a few years old.
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out where the parts of this patch go, as
the structure hasn't really changed that much. The most difficult part
is making it work afterwards, as there are still some radio init related
issues in my patches - when I was still working on this, I got the
driver to successfully attach to the hardware, but TX/RX was broken.

- Felix