On Wed November 17 2010 18:28:36 Stefan Nickl wrote:
> >  > I used CCMP/AES with PSK and several different APs.
> >
> > Ok. I did the same (only one ath5k AP, though...).
>
> Umh, could you try a non-ath5k AP to be sure it's not a symmetric thing?

Sorry, I can't.

> > Can you check if WPA1 (TKIP) works or not?
>
> Tried WPA/TKIP and even WEP40, all show the same effect.
> Works only with nohwcrypt.

Does it work without any encryption?

> > Maybe there is something in the EEPROM which disables encryption, too.
> > There is a flag for this: ATH_CRYPT_CAP_CIPHER_AESCCM. Can you check if
> > it is enabled in your case?
>
> Good one. But info word #9 is zero in the EEPROM, and a printk reveals
> that common->crypt_caps ends up 0x03.

So ATH_CRYPT_CAP_CIPHER_AESCCM is enabled and ATH_CRYPT_CAP_MIC_COMBINED too.

> True, all the same. Just keeps getting stranger...

I'm very surprised you see problems even with WEP - so could you please check
if the interface works correctly without any encryption?

And can you describe the symptoms more accurately? You said you can connect,
but no DHCP and traffic stalls after a while on stronger traffic. Can you
describe more details and give me a step-by-step instruction how to reproduce?

bruno