You could just look at the code in ath5k/rfkill.c and just comment out
the code that glues together the rfkill GPIO pin to the "rfkill"
personality.
(ie, GPIO pins have "personalities", they can be configured as input,
output, rfkill to the baseband, other stuff..)

If the pin isn't configured as having the "rfkill" personality and if
rfkill isn't configured in general, then the state of pin 13 shouldn't
matter..

adrian