2012/11/1 Peeyush Deshpande <peeyushp...@gmail.com>:
> We were planning to change the RTS Duration field to maximum value possible
> as suggested in the paper "802.11 Denial-of-Service attacks: real
> vulnerabilities and practical solutions" to see the effect on network
> traffic.

Hm. Despite the fact that RTS is normally generated by hardware, RTS
duration value is calculated by software and passed along with data
packet in the tx descriptor. So if you want to just a play with RTS
frame duration field, then look at ath5k_hw_setup_4word_tx_desc()
function. Pay attention to the rtscts_duration argument. But if you
want to manually send RTS/CTS  frames, look at the software which can
do packets injection (e.g. kismet).

> Though first issue here is that we are not able to see the data frames going
> through the path mentioned.

Need a little more information. Do you use kernel or compat-wireless
driver? What type of the interface do you use (ap/managed/ad-hoc)? And
where exactly do you placed code which print .11 header?

> Is it a good way to test it using iperf/ping ? Or we should try with
> something else ?

See above.