On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 03:01:47PM +0200, Romeo Grace wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed the beacon in Ad-hoc mode is only loaded once by the
> software and there after the hardware sends the beacons automatically.
>
> I would love to dynamically update the contents of the beacon.
>
> Would you please advise on where and how to do so in ath5k?

Look at ath5k_beacon_update() in base.c and its callers.  Note that
if the beacon changes via ops->bss_info_changed(), it will update in
adhoc mode too, so if your use case is sufficiently general, check out
nl80211_set_beacon() in net/wireless/nl80211.c (currently limited to
AP and P2P-GO).

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com