>> I had the same problem with the DWA-547 that I bought yesterday.  The
>> system freezes deterministically everytime when I enter the WPA2
>> password in nm-applet.  The next time booting, nm-applet had the
>> password saved and tries to connect right away, hence it freezes before
>> the Desktop is fully up.  It is a 64bit Linux installation of Ubuntu
>> 9.10, updated yesterday.
>
> A fix for AR9220 (or generally any PCI card with AR92xx chipset that is
> not capable of working in the 5 GHz band) was committed to
> wireless-testing two days ago.

That is great news! I will try this as soon as I find the time to open
up my computer to plug in the card.
Thanks a lot for doing this work!

>> I just booted from a 32bit Ubuntu 9.10 CD; then it works and doesn't
>> freeze. So I assume it's a problem with the ath9k driver specifically in
>> the 64bit kernel. Now I'll replace my 64bit installation with the 32bit
>> one, as I have no reason to run 64bit Linux anyway.
>
> Well, it may be a different problem, as the initialization was wrong on
> 32-bit kernels too.  But I cannot be sure that incorrect initialization
> would prevent the card from working every time.

Yes, indeed, I was hit by this bug in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
of Ubuntu (and Fedora if I don't misremember).
Michael, if I may ask, which version of Windows do you run? I was
testing this card with Windows 7 64-bit for comparison, and the card
brought down the system in much the same was as it brought down Ubuntu
for me.

Regards,
K.