Sorry, I assumed keeping the Subject intact would suffice. I'm
referring to the thread here:

https://lists.ath9k.org/pipermail/ath9k-devel/2010-January/002890.html

Basically, as described in the original mail, my d-link dwa-547 (which
I got specifically because there is a fully free driver available ;-)
) too causes the system to hang completely. The same effect can be
observed under WindowsXP with the drivers that came with card, but not
the newer ones downloadable at dlink.de. Currently I'm using Ubuntu
9,04, but I'm not averse to compiling from source, if no packages are
provided yet.

Thanks for the answer.

Yours,
Robert