* On 14.07.2011 01:42 AM, Grant wrote:
>> Again, anything with an AR9280 on board will be fine. Some of the
>> antenna arrangements though are a bit .. special.
> I'm told this one fits the bill:
>
> http://www.tp-link.com/products/productDetails.asp?pmodel=TL-WN951N
>
> It is said to have a AR5008 chip.  Can anyone confirm that this card
> works in AP mode?

Yes it does, got one myself (actually as both full size PCI and PCIe) -
other brands, but still AR5008. I'm somewhat wondering whether they
really do 300Mbit, as as far as I recall AR5008 are draft-n chips which
can only deliver 125Mbit or so max. At least that's what my cards are
specified for. Then again, they are pretty old (two to three years), so
maybe this changed.

Also, please note that those cards don't support 802.11a (5GHz) at all.
I won't say this is the best chip available. ;)

Oh and btw, that's PCI, not PCIe. I thought you were searching for some
PCIe card?

Best regards,

Mihai