On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Ming-Ching Tiew <mct...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- On Fri, 8/12/11, Mohammed Shafi <shafi.wirel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> if this already a supported device by ath9k_htc then
>> http://www.mailrepository.com/ath9k-devel.lists.ath9k.org/msg/3249192/
>>

> Sorry I am not exactly sure what is required here. I have read the thread
> prior to my post. Basically the link you post, did not have a resolution.
> There is another thread ( probably a continuation of the one above ), which
> the final resolution seems to be :-
>
> 1) A patch to the driver, and/or
> 2) A patch to the firmware.

sorry  i am not aware of that thread, can you please post the link and
the related patch?

> But I am using a more recent kernel and more recent compat-wireless. I have
> looked through the sources, it seems the driver patch mentioned has already
> been included into compat-wireless 3.0-2.
>
> As for the firmware, I am using htc_9271.fw version 1.3. The previous post,
> since are based on older compat-wirelss, are using ar9271.fw.

yes, thats the right firmware.

> Also the SAME boot image when I load it into the a USB flash and boot on a
> native machine without going through the virtual machine, things are working.
> It's not working in virtualbox VM. Some timing issues ?

so did you try to increase the timeout in
 Firmware can take up to 50ms to get ready, to be safe use 1 second */
 time_left = wait_for_completion_timeout(&priv->htc->target_wait, HZ);

> Best regards.

shafi