--- On Fri, 8/12/11, Tom Lake <tswsl1...@sucs.org> wrote:

> From: Tom Lake <tswsl1...@sucs.org>
> Subject: Re: [ath9k-devel] Can't get ath9k_htc to load firmware, target not
> responsive
> To: "Ming-Ching Tiew" <mct...@yahoo.com>
> Cc: ath9k-devel@lists.ath9k.org
> Date: Friday, August 12, 2011, 10:59 AM
> I'm experiencing the same issue - it
> seems to occur whenever the device
> is reset - if I reboot my machine then I get the same
> error, but
> physically removing the adapter and reinserting it allows
> the firmware
> to be downloaded again.
>
> I suspect that there's some reset command or process that
> isn't being
> carried out, but I don't know enough to debug the issue.
> I'm happy to
> test patches though.

You are right about the observation. For my case, it is worse. Often I get into
a situation which it will not work anymore, even if the firmware is loaded, the
system 'dmesg' always say the interface is not ready. Then what I do it to boot
once into Windows, then it will recover from it and I can get it working on
Linux running natively. But I have always have problem running it in
virtualbox. Never once I managed to run it in Linux emulated in virtualbox.