On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:
> Philipp Raich wrote:
>> I would really like to improve the situation for me and everyone
>> else, or at least help as much as I can, and I think I need a hint.
>
> From experience I know that Atheros does not like to work with end
> users on debugging issues like this, even if end users happen to be
> competent. The prefered modus operandi is to attempt to reproduce
> issues internally, and if that is successful then some time later
> there usually comes a patch into wireless-testing.git. This is of
> course useless for corner case problems.

 people do take efforts to recreate remote issues. there are several
issues that were properly fixed. i accept that there may be few issues
which may not be fixed.

> This mailing list is a lot like first-line support. You usually don't
> get quality engineer time from Atheros here. I can understand that,
> because remote debugging is a tremendous pain. But it's also the only
> way to resolve odd problems.

any developer would be very happy if they can find a bug and fix it.
obviously we need to parallely work on other commitments. would you
please stop complaining and provide some help ?  all you try to do is
focus only on the *negative things*. there are several issues we find
by ourselves and send patches. i do take a point we have to improve on
this. i will surely work on it. thanks!

> I would recommend that you try to reproduce using FreeBSD. I'm unsure
> if the driver there supports AR9287, but if it does I think you will
> be able to get good help thanks to Adrian, the main fbsd driver
> developer, who is also active on this list, but he's obviously not
> working on the Linux driver. :)
>

> //Peter

shafi