On 10/12/2011 12:19 PM, Philipp Raich wrote:
> Sadly, the provided patch did not help (I applied it to to the
> compat-wireless tarball '2011-10-10', hopefully this was right). I did
> not encounter any warnings so far.
>
> I just realized, that cfg80211 is initialized with the country code
> for China, because thats what ath9k reads from the eeprom of my
> wireless card - I guess my retailer sold me a card  intended for the
> chinese market :S.
>
> I don't think this could be the reason for the freezes, or could it?
> (adding "options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom=AT" to
> "/etc/modprobe.d/cfg80211.conf" did not resolve the issue).

It might be nice to attempt a quick hack to over-ride the country
code to see if that helps anything.

Also, do you have another ath9k nic that you could use instead
to see if the problem happens with multiple nics and/or
chipsets?

Or can you put your existing NIC into a different computer
and see if the problem remains?

Thanks,
Ben

--