Adrian,

This is not an OS issue as I see similar results in Windows, it is definitely a
low-level hardware issue.

I am using a Portwell PQ7-C100XL carrier board with a Portwell PQ7-M105 Q7
module. The radio is initialized properly without any driver hacks with that
cpu+board pair.

Portwell Q7 M105 has AMI BIOS v2.14.1219 on it.

Regards, Hasan R.

This communication contains information that may be confidential or privileged.
The information is solely intended for the use of the addressee. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that any disclosure, copy, distribution, or
use of the contents of this communication is prohibited. If you have received
this communication in
error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or by electronic mail.