On 03/11/2013 02:36 PM, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> On 2013-03-11 10:01 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
>> On 03/11/2013 01:17 PM, Felix Fietkau wrote:

>> I am not sure what you are suggesting.  I enabled this override
>> only when ONUS is selected because I wanted it clear that users
>> were taking their regulatory compliance into their own hands.
> And as far as I understand, CONFIG_CFG80211_CERTIFICATION_ONUS already
> enables some code in cfg80211 that allows a special type of regulatory
> change request from user space that bypasses intersection.
>
>> I always want the module option at least visible so that
>> you don't have to muck with modprobe.conf just to get ath9k.ko
>> to load when it's compiled differently.
>>
>> For the second part, you want the ability to set the regdomain
>> be a compile-time option like CONFIG_ATH9K_OVERRIDE_REGDOMAIN
>> or something like that?
> Something like that, yes. It should depend on
> CONFIG_CFG80211_CERTIFICATION_ONUS and should contain a help text that
> strongly discourages any distribution from enabling it in their kernel
> builds.

It seems to me that this doesn't gain much.  The ONUS configuration is already
strongly discouraged from vendor kernels.  If you are already compiling
with ONUS set, is there any reason you'd care to disable the override
module option?  When you don't set the module option, nothing happens
anyway...

Thanks,
Ben

--