On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:41:07AM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I don't know exactly what triggers it.

Ok

> I suggested a periodic event so you only do it say, max every second
> or two, but you trigger it when you get more than a bunch of decrypt
> errors. That way if you keep getting decrypt errors, you only get it
> scheduled every second or two, rather than on each decrypt error.

Yeah, sounds good. Right now I am simply trying to "refresh" the key cache right
after a key is uploaded and if I observe decryption error I disable the HW
acceleration for that STA (waiting for the next GTK rekey to refresh the cache
and re-enable the accel again).

However there is something I don't understand. In the packet dump I obtained
from the network where I observe the bug, I see that after this possible
"cache corruption
event" ARP requests from the STA to the AP are properly decrypted
(only ARP replies going in the other direction are not).

If the cache is really
compromised, how can this happen? I would expect the AP to not be able to
decrypt the requests as well...don't you think so?

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli