Goddammit sorry, I found the reason for all this trouble. It is an
dual boot windows 8.1 issue. Because windows 8.1 doesn't shutdown
properly, instead it goes into some kind of hybrid shutdown state. The
firmware file is already loaded into the bluetooth module and that
condition can't be handled by the linux ath3k driver, so it shows the
error I reported. When disabling this hybrid shutdown everything works
just fine.