Dear Sujith,

finally I found the real reason, ath3k fails to work approximately 2/3
of the time if btusb is connected to a pin which uses the xhci driver.
I compiled a dkms kernel package, with the help of a very nice
canonical employee, which switches the usb pin of the bt device to
ehci on startup. Now ath3k and my bluetooth works like a charm 100% of
the time. However, this is just a workaround for a very nasty bug. Can
you forward this information to the bluetooth devs?

Thanks in advance
Joshua